Sunday, July 2, 2023

The treasures of Egypt

 

hey i am marcus. your administrator (big word). I am like many of you against the abuse of stealing and illegally moving valuable items outside of Egypt. many defend the way and say it was a gift. from…. mostly twisted answers. the fact is that many of the most beautiful items in museums are abroad.

BUT...

another form of disappearance of valuable artifacts are the Local people.

many friends report that when buying land and building (property) treasures are found, which never reach the museums and end up in private collections. cairo luxor and alexandria in front.



a story from someone I knew personally.....

A manager of a Mall. bought property and built a House.. suddenly he disappeared from the mall.. his wages were not great when I knew him.. a few years later. I met him in the parking lot of the same mall.. he was driving a top model Landrover... wow... big difference, what happened.. I said. he just said i built a house. 

another time I stayed in Luxor. someone came to me and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to buy a sarcophagus, and showed a video of his find, he asked for a million. and if I wanted to watch it, . i never accepted this to watch and certainly don't have a million..

maybe hard to believe but a friend said the truth is, and happens frequently. it happened, that's a truth.

another time during the visit of the valley of the kings during the period of revolution, few tourists then, I was offered a small statue. no idea if it was real and valuable, it was granite, not really an everyday item. So??

why this story.... for many who refer to the past but keep silent what they themselves do when they find a treasure, ... I don't know what I would do myself if I found a treasure under my property.... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

SETI 1 AND RAMESSES 2